Archimandrite Zacharias (Zacharou)
Personhood in the Life and Ministry of Elder Sophrony (Sakharov) is a series of seven lectures delivered by Archimandrite Zacharias (Zacharou). Father Zacharias a spiritual son of Elder Sophrony and a long-time member of the monastery of St. John the Baptist, founded by Elder Sophrony in Essex, England in 1959. Father Zacharias is also the primary conduit in contemporary Orthodoxy of the life and teaching of Elder Soprhony, and has written many books in which he articulates Father Sophrony's inspired teachings. These lectures explore the depths of what it means to be a human person called to union and communion with the Living God. These lectures were eventually expanded and codified in a text by Father Zacharias entitled, "Man, the Target of God" which is available from Amazon or directly from Father Zacharias' American distributor, Mount Thabor Publishing. Patristic Nectar Publications is honored to host these lectures by such an esteemed lecturer as Father Zacharias. The seven lectures in this series are entitled:
- The Hypostatic Mode of Existence in the Life and Ministry of Elder Sophrony
- The Hypostatic Principle as a Gift of the Triune God
- The Manifestation of the Divine and Human Hypostases
- The Portrait of Personhood in St. Silouan
- An Itinerary of the Human Persona
- Hypostatic Prayer: A Supreme Gift
- Theology as a Spiritual State of the Person
All seven lectures are available for direct download for $15.
The first lecture is free and all of the others are $3 each sold individually.